18" x 85" x 12"
Regency elegance inspired the scroll top cabinet of the Trafalgar. The solid cherry cabinet is decorated with book matched burr yew veneers inlaid with "rope" edgeline. The clock features a hand painted dial commemorating the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. Illustrated are Admiral Nelson, Captain Thomas Hardy and French and Spanish ships engaged in battle. The flagship HMS Victory rocks with the swing of the pendulum. The dial is signed by the artist. The case is hand rubbed and waxed to achieve an "antique" patina. Bespoke finish and dial options available on request.
Alternative dial options illustrated are available, please contact our sales office for further information.
The introduction of the pendulum movement in England in the 1650s heralded the great age of clock making in London. It was to prove a technological lead that remained virtually unchallenged throughout the 17th & 18th centuries. Comitti’s longcase collection combines the finest features of hand crafted period cabinetwork with precision triple chime movements. Modern features such as automatic night silencing of the chimes, automatic chime correction and automatic beat adjustment to synchronize the swing of the pendulum are included.
- Triple-chime, 8-day cable movement with silencer
- Automatic night silencer (10.00 PM to 7.15 AM), chime sequence and beat correction
- Plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies on rods
- Mineral glasses and lacquered solid brass furniture
- Adjustable feet and detachable hood for access to the movement
- Bespoke finish and dial options available
- Certificate of Authenticity
If you are interested in this clock please email us at: email@example.com – please be sure to include your zip and postal code for a dealer in your area.