17" x 77" x 11"
The introduction of the pendulum movement in England in the 1650s heralded the great age of clock making in London. It was to prove a technological lead that remained virtually unchallenged throughout the 17th & 18th centuries. Comitti’s longcase collection combines the finest features of hand crafted period cabinetwork with precision triple chime movements. Modern features such as automatic night silencing of the chimes, automatic chime correction and automatic beat adjustment to synchronize the swing of the pendulum are included.
A superb longcase inspired by eminent London maker Joseph Knibb (1640-1711). The walnut case is decorated with burr walnut veneers and fine marquetry panels. The marquetry depicts birds and flower motifs popular in cabinet work of the William and Mary period. The hood is decorated with barley twist pillars and hand cut fretwork. The solid brass dial has cherub spandrels, silver plated chapter ring and blue lacquered period hands. The marquetry panels are created using boxwood, pear wood, walnut, satinwood and black-dyed sycamore. The cabinet has a hand rubbed waxed finish.
- Triple chime 8 day cable movement with silencer
- Automatic night silencer (10.00 PM to 7.15 AM), chime sequence and beat correction
- Plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies on bells
- Solid brass copy of 17th century dial and hands
- Mineral glasses and lacquered solid brass furniture
- Adjustable feet, door locks and detachable hood for access to the movement
- Bespoke finish and dial options available
- Certificate of Authenticity
If you are interested in this clock please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org – please be sure to include your zip and postal code for a dealer in your area.