18" x 72" x 10"
The Windsor is a classic grandmother cabinet with break arch pediment, quarter pillars and burr yew veneer to the plinth. Hand polished and waxed yew finish. English Yew wood is very rare and full of character.
The introduction of the pendulum movement in England in the 1650s heralded the great age of clock making in London. It was to prove a technological lead that remained virtually unchallenged throughout the 17th & 18th centuries. Comitti’s longcase collection combines the finest features of hand crafted period cabinetwork with precision triple chime movements. Modern features such as automatic night silencing of the chimes, automatic chime correction and automatic beat adjustment to synchronize the swing of the pendulum are included.
- Triple chime 8 day chain movement with silencer and lyre pendulum.
- Automatic night silencer (9.45 PM to 7.00 AM), chime sequence and beat correction.
- Plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies on rods.
- Antique brass finish dial with moon-phase 5. Mineral glasses and lacquered solid brass furniture.
- Adjustable feet and detachable hood for movement access.
- Certificate of Authenticity
If you are interested in this clock please email us at: email@example.com – please be sure to include your zip and postal code for a dealer in your area.